Going along the same route as the 20 things I have found in my baby’s mouth post. I thought I would share some of the things I have had the misfortune of laying on when I get into bed at night. Now those cynics among you will probably be saying ‘well why don’t you just turn on the light?’ I can’t, my one year old is asleep less than a foot away from my bed. So sadly it’s a case of brace yourself and hope it’s nothing sharp!
*I would like warn you and apologise in advance for the poorly lit photos but our room is pitch black and it took me at least 3 attempts each time to even get the item in the frame as the screen was black!*
15 Strangest Things I Have Found in My Bed
1. A chair. Now you think I would notice such a big object, even in the dark, but this chair is about 3 inches tall. It came from this stacking game:
2. A child. Yes, even now they are older, I still sometimes happen upon kids who have migrated to my bed. Usually poorly ones likely to spew or smear snot everywhere!
3. Lego. Yup, no list in this blog is safe from the dreaded Lego, unless the list is ‘ name ten things which aren’t Lego’!
4. Clothes. You can read about my relationship with clothes here
5. A screwdriver. Don’t ask, I have no idea!
6. Nail clippings. Bleugh
7. Electronics, of all varieties!
8. Wires. Now I know there are wires involved with the electronics but when they are alone it’s quite easy to miss them during the nightly ‘sweep’ and then get wrapped in them during the night!
9. A compass. I mean the sharp pointy maths variety, not the plastic orienteering type. Yes, ouch!
10. Books, I guess I should be grateful they are at least reading!
11. Snotty tissues. Yuck
12. Sick bowl. Even yuckier
13. Bits, I wish I could hoover my bed every night before I get in it!
14. Shoes. Which are not even supposed to be upstairs, let alone on my bed!
15. This one isn’t usually in my bed already but always manages to find it’s way in pretty quickly(we are a co-sleeping family), usually just as I about to drop off. I know this isn’t a strange thing to find in a parents bed, but his sleeping positions are mighty odd!
Yep, his favourite place to sleep is on top of the quilt around by our legs!
*Disclaimer: This post contain an Amazon Affiliates link, I will get a small % if you make a purchase by clicking through this link*
What are the strangest things you have found in your bed? Or is your bed off limits to the kids?