Today is my birthday.
I am 33.
I’ve had prezzies, cards and cake. The kids have been very sweet and seem not to have argued with me quite as much as usual!
Lee even managed the day off work last minute, which was a nice surprise. It is also our 15th wedding anniversary, so it has been lovely to spend the day with him. We were hoping to go away, just the two of us, for the weekend but unfortunately that didn’t pan out for various reasons, so fingers crossed maybe we can pull it off later in the year!
As its a start of a whole new year, for me at least, so I thought I would share with you some things I’d like to achieve over the coming year, these are in no particular order
1. Stop worrying about the ‘what ifs’
2. Lose at least a good proportion of the 3 stone I need to shift
3. Praise my children more
4. Shout at them less
5. Try to be the grown up in an argument and not regress into a teenager
6. Drink more water
7. Try a new recipe, at least once a month
8. Try sushi for the first time
9. Shout less (yes this needed to be added twice!)
10. Write at least 1000 words a week of my book
11. Get into the top 250 of Tots (or as close as I can manage)
12. Paint a picture (on canvas not a wall)
13. Get each of the children to paint a picture on canvas
15. Take the kids camping
16. Take the kids on more days out
17. Move O into his own bed (although this makes me a little sad)
18. Be more patient
19. Learn to accept that I am not always right
20. Be more active, try to get out for a walk every day
21. Learn my times tables
22. Ride a bike
23. Swim in the sea (This is a big one as I petrified of the sea!!!)
24. Learn to knit
25. Keep in better touch with far away friends
26. Get a new hairstyle (cut by a professional, not myself)
27. Go swimming
28. Keep a tighter hold on the pennies
29. Deep clean from top to bottom (at least once!)
30. Get the garden to resemble a garden, not the mountainside
31. Start meal planning (and stick to it)
32. Sort out all the photos (especially the non-digital ones)
33. Don’t sweat it if I fail to complete the entire list
What would you like to achieve over the next year?