This week has been a bit of a bust as far as summery activities go I’m afraid. What with the horrendous weather and O being completely out of sorts, amongst other things.
I did manage to get back out in the garden on the weekend and finish pulling up all the Japanese Knotweed before the rain rolled in though. I often say that my garden looks like the side of a mountain (well it literally is) but I think this photo really shows I’m not exaggerating!
I didn’t manage to get a photo right from the very top of the garden because I almost impaled myself on a very sharp stick (I’m okay, just a big bruise on my thigh). But I did clear it right to the end of the fence that you can just make out here.
So once all the Japanese knotweed has died, with the help of some super strong weedkiller, our next step is burning it and then pulling up and spraying any new shoots.
Once it’s all burnt I might actually be able to start clearing out all the junk, including the remains of an 18 foot boat that once resided at the top of our garden and was kindly burnt by some bored teens about 13 years ago!
I’m not expecting to have a usable garden this year, but I would at least like it not to resemble an overgrown junkyard 🙂
So now on to the Summer Days linky, please feel free to link up any type of post. It could be a round up of your week, a picture you want to share, a yummy recipe, fun craft or an activity you’ve tried. Maybe you simply went out for a lovely walk in the sun or spent a bit of time in the garden. Anything you like that makes you think of summer including fashion, beauty, interiors and travel posts.
Of course there are a few simple rules:
- Link up one of your summer related posts from this year.
- Please comment on at least the two posts before yours ~ Remember these linkys only work if we all share the love, the more you give the more you get back!
- You can use the hashtag #SummerDays when you comment to let people know where you came from.
- Please add the badge to the bottom of your post to help spread the word of the linky.
- Have fun! It is summer after all 😀
[inlinkz_linkup id=545915 mode=1]