Last week I promised you a summer themed paper plate craft and I have delivered!
I really love a paper plate craft,I have no idea why, but there’s just something so pleasing about turning a circle of flimsy card into something funky and creative. This particular craft also takes my nemesis that is sticky back book covering and turns it into something beautiful and summery. This fresh flower window frame will only last a few days before the flowers wilt but it is pretty while it lasts.
You will need:
- 2 paper plates
- sticky book covering
- some fresh flowers, leaves, grass, twigs, anything your child fancies really
- paint (optional)
Cut out the centre of both plates and just enough of the sticky back plastic to cover each hole with a small overlap.
Remove the backing from one piece of the plastic and stick to the bottom of one of the plates so the sticky side is facing up.
Take your grass and flowers etc. and let your child arrange them on top of the plastic. It isn’t too sticky so they should be able to rearrange as much as they want.
When you child
is bored has finished their creation stick the other piece of plastic over the top and get them to squish it all together so everything is sealed in tight.
Now you can either simply glue the second plate over the top to create a frame, or you can paint it like we did first.
Carefully make a hole with your scissors or a pencil and thread your wool and tie into a loop so you can hang your your fresh flower window frame.
So now on to this weeks Summer Days linky, please feel free to link up any type of post. It could be a round up of your week, a picture you want to share, a yummy recipe, fun craft or an activity you’ve tried. Maybe you simply went out for a lovely walk in the sun or spent a bit of time in the garden. Anything you like that makes you think of summer including fashion, beauty, interiors and travel posts.
Of course there are a few simple rules:
- Link up one of your summer related posts from this year.
- Please comment on at least the two posts before yours ~ Remember these linkys only work if we all share the love, the more you give the more you get back!
- You can use the hashtag #SummerDays when you comment to let people know where you came from.
- Please add the badge to the bottom of your post to help spread the word of the linky.
- Have fun! It is summer after all 😀