Hello all and welcome to Multiple Madness!!!
*****This will be the last Multiple Madness Linky until the new year. It will be back on the 6th of January with a little bit of a change, hopefully for the better :)*****
This is *the* place to be if you have any posts that feature twins, triplets or higher order multiples (for simplicity’s sake I will just say twins/multiples from now on!)
Having multiples is a completely different experience to having singletons. It is a uniquely hard, chaotic and yet wonderful experience, shared by only a few and their families. This is why I created this linky, so parents, family or twins themselves, can share with others who will get them and understand their special kind of joys and heartaches.
A twin pregnancy is so different from a single one. Not only do we get a double whammy of those (not so) lovely hormones, we also get twice the number of arms and legs, bums and knees to wriggle and push our huge swollen tummies into odd shapes. We might get extra peeks at our unborn babies but we also get extra hospital appointments and the added burden of higher risks, just because there is more than one.
No parent of singletons will ever quite understand those first few weeks/months of trying to deal with two helpless newborns. Learning to pick them both up and carry them together, feed them together, just generally do what every mother does with one baby, twice, and still be able to use one hand to open doors or eat!
Watching them grow up is a wonderful experience. From the giggling, and scrapping, toddler years to the day they walk into class on their first day of school holding hands. As the get older and hit the teenage years they are more independent of each other yet every now and then there will be a glimmer of dependence, a small crack in the façade and even if they have been arguing and hating each other for a week, a single look or a sentence can put everything right, it is a relationship truly like no other. They are a unit, even if they are like chalk and cheese.
So what are we waiting for? Lets get on with it!
- If you are a twin, expecting twins or are parents of twins. Actually if you have any posts that feature twins or more please link up below.
- Your post can either be new, or an old one you feel deserves a little bit more love!
- Please comment on AT LEAST two other posts (this is a party after all, mingling is aim of the game!)
- Use the hashtag #multiplemadness in your comments so people know where you are stopping in from.
- Unless a product/event is specifically aimed at twins or multiples, or is one you found that has made your life easier, please do not link up reviews/sponsored posts. These will be deleted.
- Please put the badge on the bottom of your post, or somewhere on your blog, to let more people know about the linky.
The link will stay open from 6am on Tuesdays till 11.55pm on Friday nights so there is plenty of time for you all to join in.
If you mention me, @mami2fiveblog, in your tweets and use the hashtag #multiplemadness and I’ll retweet them all 🙂 I will also stop by everyone’s posts and leave comments as soon as I can, this may not be straight away, but I promise I’ll get to you all! Oh, and just so everyone gets to be in the top spot, I have put the last entries to go in at the top 😀
[inlinkz_linkup id=477348 mode=1]